It has come to our attention that some Windows 8.1 tablet owners have problems accessing the official Windows Store with the notice "This version of Windows is no longer supported by Windows Store."
For some Agnitio Rainmaker users, this means that there is neither access to our Engager application nor any other applications.
Agnitio is currently gathering information on how widespread this issue is for our users, and ask that affected customers report it to us right away. Please include information on your operating system as this may be of value to us.
In some instances, following may fix the problem:
- Uninstall Apps that were downloaded from the AppStore
- After uninstalling, search for “wsreset” in the Start Menu search box and run the application to clear the Windows Store cache
- After cache has been cleared, search for “cmd”. Right-click as select Run As Administrator (Admin details required from here on)
- Type net stop wuauserv and press Enter
- Close Command Prompt
- Open File Explorer. In the pathname/address bar, enter C:\Windows\softwareDistribution and delete the folders in that location (copy/make a backup of those folders somewhere just in case)
- In the Start Menu, search for services.msc
- Right-click and select Run As Administrator
- Scroll down until you find “Windows Update”. In the General tab, Startup type may either be Automatic or Manual
- Open cmd as Admin again
- Type net start wuauserv and press Enter
- Reboot machine
- Reinstall Windows Apps