We have registered an issue when upgrading the Engager C# app for Windows Tablets.
The issue may present itself when upgrading on top of an already installed older version to a new release.
Here are the instructions to installing the latest version of the Engager C# App for Windows Tablets
• Disable automatic updates on the Windows 8/10 tablet. This can be done in many ways and you should take in to consideration what your company policy will allow for. In the link these options are described: http://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-automatically-downloading-updates
• Log in to the already installed Engager C# and make sure all conducted calls are synced to the server (check mark at cloud icon)
• Delete the application from the tablet
• Install the latest Engager C# application from the Windows Store. If it doesn’t appear right away, search again.
• Log in and sync calls, contacts and accounts.Sync will start automatically if this is the first login for that user on the newly installed application. If the app sync doesn’t automatically start, do a manual sync.
Agnitio is working on making it possible to upgrade directly on top of an older version. Until then, the above is the best way to ensure that the application will run correctly.